The Project Research & Development Associate will support the work of the Knowledge Innovation Centre (Malta), in particular, research & development work in the fields of educational research and policy with a specific focus on digital learning and the use of technology in education, linked to ongoing Erasmus+ and Horizon 2020 projects. All candidates should have an EU work-permit and be available to work from home. The position will also involve travel within Europe for approximately 4 days per month. The suitable candidate will show the following knowledge, skills and attitudes:
The required candidate should show relevant knowledge in research & development, and have specific relevant knowledge in the field of Educational Technology. Such knowledge may be displayed by:
- A qualification at EQF 6 -equivalent or above in the fields of information systems, e-learning, business management, or similar related fields;
- Research & project experience in the field of educational technology;
- Experience in deployment of information systems in an educational context.
Additionally, the candidate should display:
- Full fluency in English and basic knowledge of at least two other European languages;
- Prior knowledge of EU funding programmes, and of the EU advocacy/NGO landscape will be considered an asset;
- Experience in managing software development projects will be considered an asset.
- Highly computer-literate with advanced knowledge of business management systems – basic coding skills will be considered an asset;
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to work to a high standard, manage stress while prioritising multiple tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to manage multi-country remote teams;
- Flair for scientific writing, in particular reports and funding applications and communication materials
- Ability to put together business plans for consulting services.
Note: This position is also available as a 50% time position on request.